If you are in pain, call our office right now at 704-766-8662 . We can likely see you today, so don’t hesitate to give us a call! During dental emergencies in Charlotte, you can expect:Dr. Brian McNulty on Dental Emergencies Read Transcript
If someone falls and breaks a tooth, we want a patient of ours to call us immediately, as we'll do whatever we can to get him in as soon as possible. If someone breaks a tooth and everything is still kind of in the mouth, the tooth can be restored. Sometimes a tooth gets knocked out; even those teeth can be handled carefully. If they're handled carefully by the patient and brought to the office quickly, we can sometimes stabilize them and get them back into function.
Dr. Dancausse and I share a call so someone is—we’re available, by phone, 24/7. We take the weekends and if we get a call on the weekends, if there's an emergency, we'll take care of them.
- A same-day appointment
- Triage capabilities
- After-hours contact with a doctor
- Gentle care to relieve the pain as soon as possible
- Dental sedation, if you need it
- Restorative treatment to return your smile to health
Know What To Do During A Dental Emergency
The doctors at McNulty and Dancausse General Dentistry have lots of experience dealing with emergencies. Once you get to our Charlotte, NC dental office, you will be in excellent hands, but what should you do in the meantime? Take a look below at some practical steps you can take to care for your mouth during a dental emergency.
- Broken Tooth/Knocked-Out Tooth – Handle the tooth very carefully. Gently rinse the tooth or pieces, and immediately place it in a container of milk or saliva. Get to our office as quickly as possible.
- Toothache – A toothache, especially if accompanied by swelling, tenderness, or redness, is often a sign of infection within your tooth. Gently rinse your mouth with lukewarm salt water, take an ibuprofen to ease the pain, and give us a call!
Preventive Dentistry Is The Key To Avoiding Emergencies
There is no way to prevent every emergency, but you can make those situations less likely by visiting the dentist office every six months for routine care. We will discover small problems and treat them before they turn into situations that require urgent care. We can even check the strength of your dental appliances to prevent them from breaking or coming loose unexpectedly.
Call us today at 704-766-8662 for prompt assistance with dental emergencies in Charlotte. We are here to help you when you need us most. You can also call or for routine visits.