Full-Mouth Reconstruction Can Rebuild Your Smile
At McNulty and Dancausse General Dentistry Charlotte, NC dental practice, you can get dental treatments that make a subtle but significant improvement in your smile, like teeth whitening. Or you can get dental treatment that can make a dramatic difference, such as replacing several or all of your missing teeth. With your replacement teeth:Dr. Brian McNulty on Full-mouth Reconstruction Read Transcript
If someone needs a full-mouth reconstruction, the most important part of that is the initial analysis, I think, to make sure we have the proper X-rays, the proper exam of the gums, and supporting tissues.
We will sometimes make models of their teeth and do an analysis of the bite to make sure that we have a complete picture of what's needed before further work is done.
Then, once we have a complete picture of what's needed, then a treatment plan can be developed, sometimes in stages, depending on the patient's need. Stages one, two, three, and four sometimes, to get someone who is in pretty tough shape to eventually, have a healthy mouth that's comfortable and looks nice
- You’ll be able to smile with confidence again
- Your jawbone will stay strong, preventing that “sunken-in” look that can age you prematurely
- You’ll be able to eat crisp and healthy foods again
Full-Mouth Reconstruction Fixes Your Smile
Dentures are a reliable tooth replacement option, whether used on their own or with dental implants. You can get partial dentures if you still have some of your own teeth or full dentures to replace an entire mouthful of missing teeth. Our Charlotte, NC dentists, who have decades of experience replacing teeth with dentures, will ensure they fit perfectly and look like your natural teeth.
Dentures look, feel, and function even more like your natural teeth when attached to dental implants. For example, they:
- Stay securely in place. Because dental implants are embedded in your jawbone, they won’t move or slip in your mouth – so neither will your dentures. And you won’t need messy adhesive to keep dentures from slipping.
- Prevent deterioration of your jawbone. Implants will function much like your natural tooth roots, keeping your jaw stimulated so the bone stays strong. Without implants, your jaw deteriorates over time, which can change the shape of your face and make it look sunken in.
- Are easy to clean. Our Charlotte, NC dentists can permanently attach your dentures to dental implants, which means you’ll care for them just like you do your natural teeth, by brushing and flossing.
For a full-mouth reconstruction consultation with Dr. Brian McNulty or Dr. Luis Dancausse, call 704-766-8662 or use our online form. Our Charlotte, NC dentist office is located at 3014 Baucom Road, conveniently near the Keith Family YMCA.