If you’re missing teeth or need to have damaged teeth removed then replaced, Dr. Brian McNulty and Dr. Luis Dancausse of McNulty & Dancausse General Dentistry provide lifelike dentures to help. It’s important to have a healthy and full smile. Dentures in Charlotte will:Dr. Brian McNulty on Dentures Read Transcript
The best candidate for dentures is someone who has, for whatever reason, has struggled through life and has lost some teeth and has gotten to the point where the teeth that are left are just too uncomfortable. And perhaps, advanced gum disease or decay or whatever just gets to the point, whatever's left can't be fixed. At that point, complete dentures are the best approach.
We take great care here in the process that we use to go through several stages in the process to make sure that everything is set up initially. The patient gets to see the teeth before they're actually processed and finished. They get to sign off on how it looks, how it feels. They get a real good sense of what the final result will be before we take it to the final step.
- Prevent damage that can happen to your smile when gaps are left open for too long
- Help you enjoy eating foods, especially healthy foods that aren’t easily eaten with missing teeth
- Improve your digestive system since you’re able to chew foods properly
- Enhance your confidence since you can proudly smile again
Call our Charlotte, NC dental practice at 704-766-8662 to make an appointment. Your easy consultation at McNulty and Dancausse General Dentistry may benefit you for years!
Get A Full Smile With Custom, Natural-Looking Dentures
Depending on your needs, wants, and oral condition, we may recommend:
- Full Dentures – Conventional full dentures replace all of your teeth. They can be easily removed to clean throughout the day. They’ll be customized to fit snugly and comfortably in your smile.
- Partial Dentures – If you’re missing only a few teeth or need to have a few removed, partial dentures will fill in the space in your smile. They attach to your natural teeth so they remain in place.
- Implant-Supported And Implant-Retained Dentures – Your replacement teeth can also be attached to dental implants, which are replacement tooth roots that bond to your jawbone. You can choose between implant-supported dentures, which are fastened to a bar on your dental implants, or implant-retained dentures, which are locked on to balls positioned on top of your implants.
Remain Comfortable & Relaxed During Your AppointmentDr. Brian McNulty on Implant Supported Dentures Read Transcript
Some patients come to us and need dentures or they've been wearing dentures for a while. When the circumstances allow, implants can be placed in maybe sometimes, two or four locations, and the implants then support the denture that goes on top of it. So even though the complete dentures without implants can work marvelously for some patients, folks who have had those dentures at one time and then have the implant supported dentures find it's like night and day between the comfort and the stability of the denture, if implants are supporting them.
You’ll feel completely at ease even during your first visit to our warm and welcoming office. Dr. McNulty or Dr. Dancausse will examine your mouth using digital X-rays, which provide an excellent look at your smile and reduce your risk of radiation exposure up to 90 percent. They’ll also use an intraoral camera to gain a close-up look at the interior of your smile, which you can even see yourself on monitors in our care rooms. They’ll also take an impression of your teeth and other measurements.
The information will be sent to an outside lab where your dentures are fabricated. When they arrive, you’ll return to our office so we can make sure they are a perfect fit. We’ll adjust the fit if necessary.
Call 704-766-8662 for Charlotte dentures, or . We’re located off Mallard Creek Road, near the Keith Family YMCA.